Aims and scope
These guidelines give an overview of key elements of strategy development:
- problem analysis;
- defining objectives;
- selecting actions;
- policy adaptation.
Who is this toolkit for?
- Policy makers in regional government.
- Stakeholders engaged in strategic industrial transition processes.
Why do we need this guidance?
- A robust regional strategy guides regions on choices and actions in the transition process.
- Structural change is a long-term process.
- An overall strategy is important to guide the various stakeholders and decision makers in transition processes and to align their actions with a coherent and effective approach.
European Commission. (2020). Transition strategies. Retrieved from https://ec.europa.eu/energy/topics/oil-gas-and-coal/EU-coal-regions/resources/transition-strategies-toolkit_en